Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Busy Day

I have not had this busy of a day in a very long time. Yesterday Nov. 27th mom and I headed out for Omaha and got some things done there. Then we had lunch at Cracker Barrel, I haven't eaten there in about a year or more. I had my normal the chicken salad, only ate half though couldn't eat it all. I remember when I would eat until I was stuffed and couldn't stuff no more. After we ate I took mom to her eye doctors appointment. While she was doing that which normally takes a long time only took about an hour this time which figures cause I was running late on my shopping. Any way I went grocery shopping while she was there and things were going smooth I went to No Frills and got what I needed there and then went to Sam's. Just love that place. I finally found every thing I needed there then went to Wal Mart. Going smooth there until I tried to pick up a box of small candy canes, when I picked the box up they all fell all over the floor and my buggie, 100 pieces of candy canes every where. Some nice clerk helped me get them picked up and gave me a new box. I had to handle with kit gloves if you know what I mean. Well any way on my way to the check out stand. I go a pulling in and guess what the buggie hit where you put your groceries on and it broke the corner. I just wanted to dig a hole and berry my self. At this point I am thinking do you really want to go to Sioux City yet tonight? Well got the groceries in the car and it is 3:30 wow I am doing well it has only taken me an hour and a half to get my shoppen done. Hop in the car and off to pick up mom. Well I forgot the road construction between here Wal Mart and where my mom was. So yeah you got it I was in a traffic jam until almost 4:00 PM. Well I finally got to where mom was and found out that she was done at 2:30 and I drooped her off at 1:45 or so. So she had to play the waiting game. Sorry! So we go and get gas and while I am filling up I wanted to see how much more gas I need and opened the door and every thing from my wallet feel out onto the ground and the wind is blowing so here I am chasing my cards around the gas station. Buy this time it is 4:40 and I need to be in Sioux City by 6:30 or close to it. So we head down the road and stop in Missouri Valley for supper for mom and Eric. We pull into Mondamin at 5:12. Pass Eric as he is leaving work. By this time I have started to panic and think I am never going to get there. Get home change clothes and leave about 5:40 Off to Sioux City I go. You know I made it by 6:35. Called Stephanie and told her to meet me out side of her dorm. By know you are wondering what all the fuss is about. I am taking peanut to see Rent at the Orphaum. We get there in time park and found our seats. Now you would think this place knows how many seats they sell. Stephanie didn't get her a play bill which really made me made for the money I spent to go. But I told her that after the play that there would be some on the floor that people leave behind, well there was so she got one. That play was so LOUD I couldn't understand what they were singing or saying. I was kinda shocked on what they did. It was an okay play but I won't pay money to go and see it again. It is not for some young kids. After this was all over with we waited to go to the car well that was another excitement to my day, we couldn't find it but it was kinda cool when we went back into where we needed to get back on the elevator, which we had to stand for some time and now we know why. When the door opened out came some of the cast members. I didn't say and thing I figured Stephanie would of. But she didn't, when we got into the elevator a young man and a young girl were just busting out in the seams they got their autographs and we just a screaming. Then that is when it dawned on Stephanie who they were. I was funny to watch her face when she realized who they were. Kinda funny in a way but I wish I would of said some thing. Oh well was not meant to be. She will still have a story to tell. Well we finally found the car and laughed about all the silly things that had happened to us that night. Stoped at Burger king and got a couple of burgers and went up to her dorm room to find out who won Dancing of the Stars and eat our hamburgers. Helio won and Marie place third bummer. But she did awesome any way. Well I finally got home about 12:30AM this morning what a busy night!!! I had a great night with my daughter it was really fun. Some day I might be able to do that again but see a different one. Just one regret wish we would of take a picture of the two of us there.

No comments: