Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Years Resolutions?

Okay how many of you have kept your New Years Resolutions? Well I have had the same one for years so this year I thought different. I wanted to get more organized. hehe well guess who hasn't even started with her new years resolution! Yeap you got it me. My sister-in-law Kim sent this to me so I thought I would pass it on to those who are trying to keep their resolutions on loosing weight.

'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the house Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse. The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number! When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt And prepared once again to do battle with dirt

I said to myself, as I only can "You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

So away with the last of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished "Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie - not even a lick. I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot. Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!


~Author Unknown~

No comments: